Monday, January 23, 2012

Graduation

Today I realized that in 6 months from now, I will be walking across BYU-I stage getting my diploma (hopefully with an internship lined up!)  I have a million people to be thankful for.  First off, my parents.  They have supported me through ALL of it!  I remember calling my dad crying because I failed my first test and him calming me and reassuring me everything was ok.  I called my mom on countless times with my "boy" problems and everything else you call your mama for.  They helped me with my finances and kept me out of debt thus far in my life.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I am speechless for all the many things they have done for me and I will never be able to repay them for everything.  I hope I can do the same for my baby(ies).

Secondly, my sweet, sweet husband who has been a trooper through all of this.  I have wanted to give up so many times and he always tells me that he will never not let me reach my dreams. Especially graduating from college.  I owe him big time for this!  I'm so thankful for him being a Mr. Mom and taking caring of Adilynn so I can reach my goal.  It means the world to me!  He is my reason to smile and I love going home to the two of them everyday.  Those two are now my motivation.  I want my baby to be proud of me!

I had 3 major dreams that I didn't want to leave this earth without fulfilling.  Getting a degree from BYU-I, getting married in the Temple and starting a family.  It seems surreal that in 6 months they will have all come true.  I owe so much to my Heavenly Father who has helped me so much!  Especially through my deathly ill pregnancy.  Needless to say, thank you to all my supporters who have always encouraged me and reassured me that everything was going to me ok.  "Worry is a lack of faith."  I truly believe that statement because 1. everything happens for a reason and 2. it will all work out how it needs to.  So have faith :)  Dreams come true!  Parents know what they are talking about!  And love as much as you can.  And the most important thing I've learned...  make time for the important things, everyone has a "busy" life but you only have one family and one memory that will stay with you for a lifetime.  So make time for those memories  Because in the end... we all die.  Make the best of what you have and make time for the people you love!

And Daddy thank you for writing me a letter many years ago and telling me to shoot for the moon and if I don't make it, at least I'll land in the stars.  It's a constant reminder that hard work pays off and nothing that's worth something is easy.

I LOVE YOU MOMMY AND DADDY AND MICHAEL AND ADILYNN =)  And everyone of my supporters!!  I couldn't have done this without any of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment